Other key items in Governor’s budget request
Posted on Feb 4, 2016 in Main
• $26.5 million to support goals and objectives of each school via the Weighted Student Formula.
• $35 million in General Obligation bonds for a new Campbell High School classroom facility.
• More than $50 million in G.O. bond funds for public school facilities statewide.
• $60 million for capital renewal and deferred maintenance at UH campuses statewide.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
•$6 million for the Preschool Open Doors program, which helps low- and moderate-income families send their children to preschool.
• $4.1 million for Kupuna Care Program.
HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS, HEALTH AND AGRICULTURE
• Two full-time permanent positions for the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.
• $9 million for Papakōlea sewer system improvements for Hawaiian Home Lands on O‘ahu.
• $25 million for improvements to Hawaiian Home Lands/dams and reservoirs on Kaua‘i.
• $8.2 million in G.O. bonds and $1 million in federal funds for irrigation system projects, including improvements to Moloka‘i, Waimānalo, and Waimea irrigation systems.
• $6.5 million for Kona Community Hospital expansion of wastewater treatment facility.
• $6.8 million for improvements to Hilo Counseling Center and Keawe Health Center on Hawai‘i Island.
Read more in our February issue: http://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FINALFEBRUARYCapitol-Connection-PDF.pdf