GOVERNOR’S OFFICE NEWS RELEASE: Governor to consider nominees to fill the vacancy in First Circuit Court left by the retirement of Judge Richard K. PerkinsPosted on Jan 26, 2017 in Latest News, Newsroom, Press Releases
HONOLULU – Gov. David Ige has received a list of nominees from the Judicial Selection Commission for the vacancy created by the retirement of former Circuit Judge Richard K. Perkins in June 2016.
The commission submitted the list of nominees to the governor on January 26, 2017 after careful evaluation and investigation into the background and qualifications of each applicant.
The nominees are:
- Todd W. Eddins – Attorney, Todd Eddins, Attorney at Law
- Jeffrey A. Hawk – Attorney at Law
- Keith K. Hiraoka – Attorney/Managing Partner, Roeca Luria Hiraoka LLP
- Jonathan L. Ortiz – Attorney/Partner, Ortiz & Katano
- Matthew J. Viola – Judge, District/Family Court of the First Circuit
- Paul B. K. Wong – Judge, District Court of the First Circuit
Gov. Ige will interview each nominee and is seeking public comment on the governor’s website: http://governor.hawaii.gov/contact-us/contact-the-governor/.
Gov. Ige has 30 days, or until Feb. 25 to make his appointment.
Office of the Governor