MEDIA ADVISORY: Bill signings on Thursday, July 9, 2015Posted on Jul 8, 2015 in Latest News, Newsroom, Press Releases
What: Bill signing ceremonies for the following:
Women’s Legislative Caucus
- HB 538: Requires wireless telecommunications service providers to release domestic violence victims from shared service plans upon request and with documentation, and authorizes family court to order wireless providers to transfer billing authority upon petition by victim.
- HB 858: Permits the termination of residential rental agreements in cases of domestic violence.
- SB 226: Specifies that the period of separation that a police officer can order under reasonable suspicion of physical abuse or harm is two business days from the day the order is issued, and repeals the current 48-hour provision.
- SB 387: Establishes an affirmative consent task force to review and make recommendations on the University of Hawaii’s executive policy on domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
Refundable Food Tax Credit
- SB 555: Increases the food/excise tax credit for low- and moderate- income taxpayers.
- HB 830: Creates an exemption from DLNR historic review for proposed projects on certain privately-owned single-family detached houses or townhouses.
- SB 756: Establishes a mortgage license exemption for seller-financed mortgage loans if certain conditions are met, and requires the seller to provide to the buyer a disclaimer and the terms of the financing.
Who: Governor David Ige, key legislators, community supporters
When: Thursday, July 9 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. Women’s Legislative Caucus
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. Refundable Food Tax Credit
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. Residential Property
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. Mortgage Licensing
Where: State Capitol, 5th Floor Executive Chambers, Ceremonial Room
We plan to live stream the event through the governor’s website http://governor.hawaii.gov/