Our democratic form of government requires active citizen participation. My administration will work hard to earn your trust by creating a process of two-way communication. State government will share information with the public and listen to public concerns and ideas.
Ige Administration Open Government Plan
- Hold regular press conferences.
- Require department directors to be accessible and hold at least four community meetings a year, including visits to Hawaii County, Maui County and Kauai County.
- Work with the Board of Education to ensure that meetings are held in all counties and after the school day, allowing school administrators, teachers, students and parents to participate in meetings and have input in board policy.
- Increase community involvement in government affairs by directing all agencies and commissions to consider input from the public as essential to their decision-making. Increase interactive video teleconferencing on issues of interest to the public.
- Ensure that appointments to State boards and commissions are broadly representative of community interests and that appointees are committed to conducting government affairs in an open manner, responsive to the public.