DOH News Release: Hawai‘i Department of Health approves a second medical cannabis retail dispensary for Maui Grown TherapiesPosted on Mar 16, 2021 in Latest News, Newsroom
HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) has issued a formal notice to proceed to retail to Maui Grown Therapies for their second retail location in Lahaina at 1087 Limahana Place, Unit 4B on March 11, 2021. The location is scheduled to open on March 17, 2021 by appointment only for registered patients pre-ordering at Mauigrown.com.
“Maui Grown Therapies’ Lahaina store is the state’s 16th licensed retail center and the third on Maui which is home to 19% of Hawai‘i’s registered patients,” said Michele Nakata, dispensary licensing section supervisor. “Maui Grown Therapies opened Hawaii’s first medical cannabis retail dispensary in Kahului on August 8, 2017. The Lahaina store will provide much needed expansion of access for patients on West Maui in a convenient and contact-free manner.”
As of February 28, 2021, there were a statewide total 31,853 registered patients statewide. The primary reported condition for registered adult patients is severe pain. The primary reported conditions for children under 18 years of age are seizures and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The other licensed retail centers operating in the state include:
- Big Island Grown Dispensaries locations at:
- 750 Kanoelehua Ave., Suite 104, in Hilo
- 74-5617 Pawai Place, in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1040 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- Hawaiian Ethos locations at:
- 578 Kanoelehua Ave., in Hilo
- 73-5613 Olowalu St., Suite 7, in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1035 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- Green Aloha at 4-1565 Kuhio Highway in Kapa‘a
- Maui Grown Therapies, located at 44 Pa‘a St. in Kahului
- Pono Life Sciences Maui LLC, at 415 Dairy Road in Kahului
- Aloha Green Apothecary locations at:
- 1314 South King St. (Interstate Building) in Honolulu
- 2113 Kalakaua Ave., in Waikiki
- Cure Oahu, located at 727 Kapahulu Ave. in Honolulu
- Noa Botanicals locations at:
- 98-302 Kamehameha Highway in Aiea
- 1308 Young St. in Honolulu
- 46-028 Kawa St. in Kaneohe
Registered patients and their caregivers may purchase up to four ounces of medical cannabis during a 15-consecutive day period and purchase a maximum of eight ounces over a 30-consecutive day period. When bringing medical cannabis home after purchasing it from a dispensary, the medical cannabis must be in a sealed container and not visible to the public.
All use of medical cannabis must be on private property and may not be used in a car while on the road, at work, at the beach, on hiking trails, or in any other public space. It is illegal to use or possess medical cannabis on any federally owned property such as military installations and national parks.
More information on the Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program is available at http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.
# # #
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (808) 586-4445