DOH News Release: Hawai‘i Department of Health approves third medical cannabis retail dispensary for Aloha Green ApothecaryPosted on Mar 20, 2021 in Latest Department News, Newsroom
HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) has issued a formal notice to proceed to retail to Aloha Green Holdings, Inc. dba Aloha Green Apothecary after they passed their final onsite inspection for their third retail facility. Aloha Green Apothecary’s new retail location is at 3131 North Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819, and expects to begin sales on March 22, 2021.
“Aloha Green Apothecary’s Nimitz Highway location is the state’s 17th licensed retail center and the seventh on O‘ahu,” said Michele Nakata, dispensary licensing section supervisor. “The Nimitz dispensary has a separate pre-order and pick-up room that was constructed with minimal physical interaction in mind. The room will allow patients to conveniently pick-up their purchased pre-order without exposure to others.”
As of February 28, 2021, a statewide total of 31,853 patients, and 2,631 caregivers were registered statewide. The primary reported condition for registered adult patients is severe pain. The primary reported conditions for children under 18 years of age are seizures and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The other licensed retail centers operating in the state include:
- Big Island Grown Dispensaries locations at:
- 750 Kanoelehua Ave., Suite 104, in Hilo
- 64-1040 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- 74-5617 Pawai Place, in Kailua-Kona
- Hawaiian Ethos locations at:
- 73-5613 Olowalu St., Suite 7, in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1035 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- 578 Kanoelehua Ave., Hilo, 96720
- Green Aloha at 4-1565 Kuhio Highway in Kapa‘a
- Maui Grown Therapies locations at:
- 44 Pa‘a St. in Kahului
- 1087 Limahana Pl, Unit 4B in Lahaina
- Pono Life Sciences Maui locations at:
- Pono Life Sciences Maui LLC, at 415 Dairy Road in Kahului
- Aloha Green Apothecary locations at:
- 1314 South King St. (Interstate Building) in Honolulu
- 2113 Kalakaua Ave., in Waikiki
- Cure Oahu, located at 727 Kapahulu Ave. in Honolulu
- Noa Botanicals locations at:
- 1308 Young St. in Honolulu
- 46-028 Kawa St. in Kaneohe
- 98-302 Kamehameha Hwy, Aiea, HI 96701
Registered patients and their caregivers may purchase up to four ounces of medical cannabis during a 15-consecutive day period and purchase a maximum of eight ounces over a 30-consecutive day period. When bringing medical cannabis home after purchasing it from a dispensary, the medical cannabis must be in a sealed container and not visible to the public.
All use of medical cannabis must be on private property and may not be used in any moving vehicle while on the road, at work, at the beach, on hiking trails, or in any other public space. It is illegal to use or possess medical cannabis on any federally owned property such as military installations and national parks.
More information on the Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program is available at http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.
# # #
Phone: (808) 586-4445
Email: [email protected]