DBEDT NEWS RELEASE: HTDC and Startup Paradise host “Startup Entrepreneur Day” at State Capitol on March 8Posted on Mar 6, 2017 in Latest News
Event Will Feature Tech Fair and Shark Tank-Style Presentations
HONOLULU — The High Technology Development Corporation (HTDC) and Startup Paradise presents, “Startup Entrepreneur Day,” at the Hawaii State Capitol.
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Tech Fair, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Shark Tank, 12 noon – 1 p.m.
State Capitol, 415 South Beretania Street
- Tech Fair, 4th Floor
- Shark Tank, Room 309
- Interview HTDC’s Executive Director/CEO Robbie Melton
- Speak with lawmakers in attendance
- Companies demonstrating technologies and entrepreneurs making their pitch
Attendees can engage with innovative technology developed by local companies during the Tech Fair. Winners from this year’s Hawaii Venture Capitalist Association Awards will also dive into a creative Shark Tank in an attempt to persuade a panel of sharks (legislators) to choose their compelling new tech or business pitch as the winner. Celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit, the event is free and open to the public.
# # #