DNLR NEWS RELEASE: Community meeting planned on `Iao Valley State Monument further flood damage repairs and closurePosted on Sep 7, 2017 in Latest News
KAHULUI, MAUI — The Department of Land Natural Resources (DLNR) will hold a community workshop meeting on continued improvements at ‘Iao Valley State Monument, on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Wailuku Community Center.
State Parks officials will need to close the park from October 16 to December 16 or sooner to complete the Phase 1 stabilization work.
The workshop will have the following information stations:
- Slope stabilization work and proposals in the park.
- Planned park infrastructure and facility improvements.
- Development of the ‘Iao Valley Master Plan.
- Discussion of management issues regarding ‘Iao Valley State Monument.
The project team will be available to discuss the following:
- The status of Phase 1 slope stabilization completion.
- The proposal for Phase 2 of the slope stabilization and erosion control measure along slope areas along Wailuku River and Kinihapai Stream.
- State Parks’ proposal for current facility and infrastructure improvements to the park water system, comfort station, sewer and parking, access and security improvements; and discussion of future park improvements.
- Discussion of park management issues.
The ‘Iao Valley State Monument project team is comprised of staff from: DLNR Divisions of State Parks and Engineering; Wilson Okamoto Corporation; Geolabs Inc.; and Chris Hart Partners, Inc.
# # #
DLNR Communications office
Phone: (808) 587-0320