HDOT News Release: HDOT’s Motor Vehicle Safety Office to close on Monday, July 30, and will reopen at new location in AieaPosted on Jul 23, 2018 in Latest News
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation’s (HDOT) Motor Vehicle Safety Office (MVSO) will be closed on Monday, July 30, 2018 as it will be moving to a new location.
The MVSO operations relocating are:
• The Highway Safety Office Staff located in the Aliiaimoku Building, Room 405 at 869 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu.
• The Motor Carrier Safety Staff, the Highway Safety Section, and the Clerical Servicing Staff located in the Kakuhihewa Building, Room 511 at 601 Kamokila Boulevard, Kapolei.
MVSO’s new address will be 98-339 Ponohana Place, Aiea 96701. The facility is located off Moanalua Road, under the H-1 Freeway overpass in Waimalu.
MVSO will begin operations at its new location on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 7:45 a.m.
• Counter service hours will continue to be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., except for State observed holidays.
• Driver Education and Motorcycle Instructor Certification will continue to be by appointment.
• All other MVSO hours of operation will continue to be Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except State observed holidays.
MVSO’s current telephone numbers will remain the same. The office’s main telephone number is (808) 692-7650.