OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR — News Release — Gov. David Ige, Lt. Gov.-elect Josh Green to be sworn-in on MondayPosted on Nov 30, 2018 in Latest Department News, Office of the Governor Press Releases
HONOLULU – Gov. David Ige and Lt. Gov.-elect Josh Green will be sworn-in on Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 at the State Capitol Rotunda. The public is invited to attend. There are seats available for the public, on a first come-first served basis.
This will be Gov. Ige’s second inauguration. He was initially sworn in as the 8th governor of the State of Hawai‘i on Dec. 1, 2014. He will be accompanied by his wife, First Lady Dawn Amano-Ige and his three children, Lauren, Amy and Matt as he takes the oath of office for his second term.
This will be the first inauguration for Lt. Gov.-elect Josh Green, formerly a state senator from Hawai‘i Island. He will be accompanied by his wife Jaime and children Maia (11) and Sam (8).
There will be no public parking in the State Capitol or surrounding state garages/parking lots, including the Department of Health Lot L, ‘Iolani Palace and the Judiciary Building, until the conclusion of the inaugural ceremony.
All public metered parking along Punchbowl Street, King Street, and Richards Street surrounding the State Capitol will be reserved and not available to the public until after the inaugural festivities are complete.
Parking on other streets or in private garages such as Alii Place or Bishop Square may be available.
- 10:30 a.m. — Musical Prelude by the Royal Hawaiian Band and The Kamehameha Schools Children’s Chorus
- 11:25 a.m. – Processional of the inaugural party. Former Gov. George Ariyoshi and Jean Ariyoshi, Former Gov. John Waihee and Lynne Waihee, Former Gov. Ben Cayetano and Vicky Cayetano, Former Gov. Linda Lingle, Former Gov. Neil Abercrombie and Dr. Nancie Caraway.
- Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald will administer the Oath of Office to both Gov. Ige and Lt. Gov.-elect Green.
- Traditional 10 cannon salute by the Hawai‘i National Guard
- Brief remarks by both Gov. Ige and Lt. Gov. Green.
Photos of the inauguration will be available following the event, at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/govhawaii/
Deputy Communications Director/Press Secretary
Office of the Governor
Office of the Governor