Phase II of Maui District Health Office renovation to begin on May 28Posted on May 16, 2018 in Latest News
WAILUKU, MAUI – Renovation of the Maui District Health Office (MDHO) at the Wailuku State Office Building, located at 54 S. High St., is continuing with the second phase of work to take place May 28 – Aug. 3.
As Phase I of the renovation is completed, the Sanitation Program, which moved temporarily to the Vector Control Building at 641 Mua St. in Kahului, is scheduled to return to the Wailuku State Office Building, Room 300 on May 21, 2018.
The program handles inquiries regarding food permits and inspections, public swimming pools, tattoo, beauty and massage establishments, milk plants, milk farms and mortuaries. The public is encouraged to go to http://health.hawaii.gov/san/ to download and complete application forms prior to visiting the Sanitation Program. Applications for Special Events Permits, also referred to as Temporary Food Permits, must be submitted no later than 10 working days before the scheduled event date.
Phase II of the renovation project calls for MDHO’s administrative offices, Public Health Nursing (PHN) and Developmental Disabilities (DD) Council to temporarily relocate and operate from the following locations beginning May 28:
• Maui District Health Officer Dr. Lorrin Pang and secretary (phone: 984-8201) will move to Room 415, Wailuku State Office Building (Family Health Services).
• MDHO administrative staff (phone: 984-8208) and DD Council (phone: 984-8218) will relocate to the Vector Control Building at 641 Mua St. in Kahului.
• Vital Records (phone: 984-8210) will relocate to Room 300, Wailuku State Office Building (Sanitation Program).
• PHN clerical staff (phone: 984-8260) will relocate to the Vector Control Building at 641 Mua St. in Kahului.
• PHN nurses (phone: 984-8260) will move to the Wailuku Health Center conference room at 121 Mahalani Street in Wailuku.
Dates have not yet been determined for Phase III renovation work, which will include the temporary relocation of MDHO’s Family Health Services and Health Education programs.
“We appreciate the understanding and cooperation of the public while improvements to our office continue,” said Dr. Lorrin Pang, MDHO administrator. “We’re anxious to complete the renovation and are optimistic about remaining on schedule, although the dates listed are always tentative with the possibility of delays.”
For additional information about the renovation work and temporary relocation of Maui District Health Office programs, call (808) 984-8208.
The Maui District Health Office of the Hawaii State Department of Health provides resources and assistance in areas such as Vital Records (birth, death, and marriage certificates), Family Health Services, Public Health Nursing, Environmental Health, Chronic Disease Health
Education, Disease Investigation, Developmental Disabilities, Laboratory, Tuberculosis Prevention, HIV and STD Prevention, and Emergency Preparedness. The office serves residents of Maui County, which includes Lanai and Molokai.
# # #
Phone: (808) 586-4407
Email: [email protected]