MEDIA ADVISORY: Bill signings on Tuesday, July 7, 2015Posted on Jul 6, 2015 in Latest Department News, Newsroom, Office of the Governor Press Releases
What: Bill signing ceremonies for the following:
Manufacturing and Technology
- SB1001, Establishes a manufacturing development program through the High Technology Development Corporation (HTDC) to grants to manufacturers in the State for the purchase of and training of employees to use manufacturing equipment and improvement in energy efficiency of manufacturing equipment.
- HB1069, Expands the Small Business Innovation Research program by appropriating funds for HTDC to provide grants to businesses with a federal small business innovation research phase II or III award.
- SB 982, Establishes limited immunity for individuals who seek medical assistance for themselves or others experiencing a drug or alcohol overdose – also known as a Good Samaritan law.
Farm to School
- SB 376, Relating to Farm to School Program – Establishes and appropriates funds for the Hawaii Farm to School Program and a Farm to School Coordinator position.
Who: Governor David Ige, key legislators, community supporters
When: Tuesday, July 7 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. Manufacturing and Technology
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. Medical Amnesty
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. Farm to School
Where: State Capitol, 5th Floor Executive Chambers, Ceremonial Room
We plan to live stream the event through the governor’s website http://governor.hawaii.gov/
Deputy Communications Director/Press Secretary