MEDIA ADVISORY: Hawaii-Okinawa Energy Innovation ForumPosted on Jul 8, 2015 in Latest Department News, Newsroom, Office of the Governor Press Releases
WHAT: Hawaii-Okinawa Energy Innovation Forum
Representatives from the State of Hawaii, Okinawa Prefectural Government, U.S. Department of Energy, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan’s Department of Commerce, Industry and Labor, Hawaiian Electric Co., and research institutions from Japan and Hawaii will meet to discuss strategies to be pursued under a five-year extension of the Hawaii-Okinawa Memorandum of Cooperation for Clean (MOC) and Efficient Energy Development and Deployment. The public is invited to attend.
WHEN: Friday, July 10, 2015
2 p.m.-5 p.m.
WHERE: Chamber of the House of Representatives, Hawaii State Capitol
WHO: Speakers scheduled to appear include:
- David Ige, Governor of the State of Hawaii
- Takeshi Onaga, Governor of the Prefecture of Okinawa
- Phyllis Yoshida, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy
- Junichiro Kuroda, Deputy, Americas Division, METI
- Luis Salaveria, Director, Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism
- Rep. Joseph Souki, Speaker of the Hawaii State House of Representatives
- Sen. Ronald Kouchi, President of the Hawaii State Senate
- Alan Arakawa, Mayor of Maui County
ABOUT: The Hawaii-Okinawa Memorandum of Cooperation for Clean and Efficient Energy Development and Deployment was established June 17, 2010, to expand upon existing activities in technology research and development. Signatories were the United States Department of Energy; the Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry; the State of Hawaii; and, the Prefecture of Okinawa. Hawaii and Okinawa propose to extend the MOC through June 2020 focusing on advancement and market development of emerging and innovative technologies in the field of clean energy. This forum will discuss implementation strategies.
For more information, contact:
Alan Yonan Jr.
DBEDT’s State Energy Office
Phone: (808) 587-3860
Cell: (808) 291-3543