WHAT: News Conference – Labor Day Weekend – Enforcement of COVID-19 emergency measures
WHEN: Friday, September 3, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
WHO: Governor David Ige with:
- Mayor Rick Blangiardi, City & County of Honolulu (in person)
- Mayor Derek Kawakami, Kauaʻi County (virtual)
- Mayor Michael Victorino, Maui County (virtual)
- Mayor Mitch Roth, Hawaiʻi County (virtual)
- Jill Hoggard Green, PhD, RN, president & CEO of The Queen’s Health Systems (in person)
Available for Questions:
- Honolulu Police Department – Interim Police Chief Rade Vanic (in person)
- Kauaʻi Police Department – Assistant Chief Mark Begley (virtual)
- Maui Police Department – Acting Chief Dean Rickard (virtual)
- Hawaiʻi Police Department – Deputy Chief Kenneth Bugado (virtual)
FROM: Office of the Governor, Ceremonial Room, Hawaiʻi State Capitol, 5th Floor
DETAILS: FOR MEDIA ONLY:
Media questions will be taken through ZOOM – Audio.
Please RSVP to [email protected] and include your name and news organization. A Zoom link, password and instructions will be sent to the email address from which you sent your RSVP at least 30 minutes prior to the news conference.
The RSVP closes at 12:30 p.m. There will be an audio test for participating reporters starting at 1 p.m.
Pool cameras are allowed at the State Capitol, though the parking garage remains closed except to authorized vehicles. Please forward the full names of pool photographers/news organizations to [email protected] and [email protected] for security clearance. Entry to the Capitol requires identification, masks, and physical distancing. One television pool photographer is permitted in the governor’s ceremonial room for the news conference/ media briefing. All media must sign in upon arrival at the governor’s office (sign-in sheet on round table in reception area).
This news conference will be live streamed on the Governor’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GovernorDavidIge/